Why I am running for School Board:
I have lived in the Owen J. Roberts School District for 23 years with my wife, Laurie. We have two teenage children and like many parents, I worry about their futures. Owen J. Roberts is a great school district, but every organization should seek to improve itself and be proactive as it faces the changes occurring around it. I have been involved in education most of my life. Education has made me the person I am and enabled me to provide a wonderful life for my family. I have been a veterinarian in general practice and in emergency practice, taught at the University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School, obtained a Master’s from Villanova, and mentored many students. But all the successes of my life began with a solid Public Education. I care about Public Education. During my career, I have also been an owner of a large veterinary emergency and referral hospital. I have had to oversee budgets, manage a large staff and make complicated decisions. As a school board director, I can apply all these life skills for the betterment of Owen J. Roberts and give back to the communities it serves.
Academic and Professional Life:
- Received degrees from Arcadia University, Villanova University and the University
- of Pennsylvania.
- Completed a residency and post-doctoral fellowship from the University of
- Been a veterinarian with over 25 years of experience.
- Worked in academia, private practices, emergency practices and animal shelters.
- Owned the Berks Animal Emergency and Referral Center
Community Service and Volunteerism:
- Volunteer for OJR’s Odyssey of the Mind competition.
- Active in Martin Luther King’s Day of Service.
- Package meals for an international charity, Rage Against Hunger.
- Member of the Wellsprings Unitarian Universalist Church and am the head of its Social
- Justice ministry.
- Yearly veterinary missions to Honduras to vaccinate and provide medical care.